Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Breathe








I watched the early sunrise
as the snowflakes gingerly fell
they laced the rolling hills
and placed me in a spell.

The stream bed swollen
while the water raced along
as if chasing tomorrow
through natures sweet song.

My mind went a drift
of those days gone by
searched the memories
like a shadow of time.

The flowers asleep
beneath the fallen snow
awaiting spring time
to awaken and grow.

I glanced at the heavens
the clouds formed a shape,
like two hearts together
I felt a joy of this dream
like escape.

The tears not of sorrow
but the happiness we share,
as I reached up to the blue
and pulled you near.

It might all be in spirit
that our lips sweet meet
but I know I felt your love
as surely as I can breathe.







No comments: