Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Here In My Heart

There is an old adage " till you walked a mile in my shoes." Meeting people, selling poetry and the connection to the words. I learned early on how interpretation could take one word and give it many meanings. The same holds true for a poem. There was an older woman who collected pieces I wrote. She would stop by at the art event to see what I had that was newly written. She went on to explain how she hung the pieces in her bedroom and would read them each night before bed. I thought wow! that is pretty powerful for someone to interpret my words into their life.
Some people stood out a little more than others. I remember another woman unable to choose asking me to read two poems for her. I choked up reading them " one was my promise "and "Normal." She purchased both but it as at that moment I realized they were getting  part of my soul.
I see it as a legacy of sort or away to live on beyond this Earths time. The people we meet and interact with carry away a piece of us . Poetry it is the documentation of  a thought or a dream through the power of emotion. In a glimpse of a cold world it is quickly warmed by the power of love. Love of friends, family and life.

Ease the moment
rest assure my love,
though the flesh is a part,
you're here in my heart.

Warming to the being,
it heats up the very soul
with every breath I take
our dreams are foretold.

Taste of sweetness
with a good morning kiss,
a touch to your cheek
and the feel of your lips.

Bridging the distance
with a thought and dream,
I crossed the threshold
of peace and serenity.

Forever connection
that's how it will be,
as we are joined by the
love called "eternity. "

~
I traveled many a rode,
walking the path of life
somehow it led me to you
in a form of paradise.

Smiles surface
when I think of you,
as you're the joy
that makes my sky so blue.

Dancing with the moment
on the clouds up above,
I find myself ever grateful
for your special love.

My mood is lifted
there is happiness in my day,
thinking of your smile
sends goosebumps my way.

The feeling of sweet passion
brightens up the day and night
as I embrace the power of the soul
from the love of my life.



No comments: