Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

What I have learned

 Unconditional love is rare ...everyone places conditions on a relationship. 


Even forever has its limitations. 


You are always alone in thought as everyone has a different idea of " what is" 


They say " the older you get the faster time goes by" But I realize time is going by fast for everyone, even young people are noticing how quickly time is flying by.


Broken hearts never heal, they scar over. 


If it brings you joy you should keep it 

maybe that is why a lot of people choose to be alone.


Living and being alive are quite different, 

I know a lot of people in my life who have been 

a live but have yet to live. 


I was once given this advice, 

" I can throw you a rope but you need to climb it"

that might be true but it wouldn't hurt if someone 

helped by pulling the rope up a little. 


We only live on as long as someone remembers us, 

maybe that is why I have put so much time into my family tree. 


Two people loving the same way is rare .


Screaming in silence is louder than any sound

but few people stop to recognize or listen. 


I am not frightened by the thought of death, 

but by the reality that at this time of my life its 

inevitably soon. 


The great push or shove is of our own doing 

but a little help never hurt.


People think animals aren't smart but we expect 

them to learn our language. We are not going

around learning how to speak dog or chicken. 


We never let go of childhood we learn more in 

a few years than we will ever learn as an adult.


Family is not a Normal Rockwell painting. 


No matter where we travel , how near or far

we take the person in the mirror and when you 

look in that mirror you have to like what is looking back.


There is always a beginning and a ending. 


We are much more vulnerable than we 

think we are. 


The galaxy is infinite and we matter

very little to it. 


Real friendship never lets go.


Women want to be held to the same regard as men, 

they fail to realize they are just that women . 


Forever is in the memory of those who believe.


I have experienced more than some less than others. 


I've climbed hills but considering the barriers

those hills were mountains. 


I miss my father the most, 

he taught me the most about life and 

yet I had to experience, trip , fall and 

get back up to understand where he 

was coming from.


No matter where or how we choose our burial 

we all end up ashes. 


Hanging on to a love that doesn't love back

is a waste of life. 


Dear friend said '"you didn't ask so you didn't get"

I am learning how true that is. 


That no one is ever happy, When it rains they want 

sunshine and when it's sunny they want the air conditioner. 


My father use to say that " a man puts his pants on one 

leg at a time. " I tried to prove him wrong and put my

feet in at the exact same time. 


There is a script for each of us but who is writing it 

is the question. 


The wealthiest of man  can see the joy in the 

smallest of things or is that poor man who 

is now wealthy because he does feel the joy?


Emotionally tired is like giving up.


One moment wasted is one to many. 


Prayer is positive energy. 


Choices is like a game of chutes and ladders, 

sometimes we go up and other times we are sliding down. 


Fifteen years can be a young person whole life and a

old persons end of life. 


On a clear day I can see forever but the days

haven't been to clear lately. 


Love and hate are both strong emotions 

that once seeded are quite powerful. 


We all have wants and needs 

that is simplicity of our animal drive. 


Watching the sunrise on the beach 

is one of my most beautiful memories, 

mostly because I carry you in my heart.


Living life over again means you lived with regrets,

I have no regrets. 


The gift of life is indeed brief.


Scattered thoughts and yet they always bring me back to you.


Dreams just might be our alternate reality. 




No comments: