Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, August 22, 2026

For the Rest of My Life.

 I can't stop the feeling, 

no goodbye from my lips, 

the heartache that I'm feeling

has had an everlasting grip.


When days are filled with sorrow

like the rain that keeps falling down, 

I can't help but hold the memories 

that anchor me to the ground. 


There is a lot to be grateful for

yet I still sense the heavy blue, 

as you left a void in me 

that somehow within me grew. 


Life is filled with challenges

and I watched many come and go, 

but nothing touched as deeply 

as the thorn of a rose.


The screams are all in silence,

as no one else can hear, 

as I try to soothe the ache 

that nothing has spared. 


I couldn't ever do it, 

no matter how I tried, 

no goodbye from my lips

as I would certainly die.


It might be only memories

or the dreams at night, 

as I keep you here in my heart

for the rest of my life. 




No comments: