Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, August 26, 2019

Ugh


See the source image













If you ever watch a thriller movie, when the women is running away she trips and falls. You might think "okay kick those high heels off and run so you don't fall" But let me attest to the fact that you don't need high heels to be running from danger and fall. There is a massive problem with raccoons in my area. Raising  chickens brings those darn critters for miles. I don't think I am much of a country girl. I don't like spiders and snakes, raccoons , opossum, bear, insects of any kind , except for the Monarch butterfly.
Raising chickens if it's not the fox, owls, hawks it's those awful creatures the raccoons. My chickens are loving and smart as I went to put them away for the night, they were roosting in trees for the first time , refusing to head to there coop. I saw this as a warning sign and tried to gather as many as possible and put them in there safety cage. It is large cage I had made to separate roosters etc. I heard one of the chickens squawking in the back of the yard . Dressed in shorts and muck boots a sight to be hold I started back where the cherry tree is and a raccoon jumped out of the shrubs in attack mode. Typical woman I screamed and began running , this raccoon wasn't stopping. It went through my mind that it could be rabid.  Running towards me and jumping at me from behind, I turned back to see how far I was away from it and landed on the ground flat as can be. Proof that in a terror situations a woman almost always falls. That is it don't look back. I can tell you he was the biggest raccoon I ever saw. Well at the moment might sound like a fish tale , where the fish keeps getting bigger. The dogs got out and were chasing it , it was larger than my princess who is a pretty good size beagle. when something is gnarling at you and showing you teeth size might be unimportant.
The sun was setting and I couldn't find anymore of docile loving hens who wouldn't hurt anything. The children never ate the chickens we raised them for the eggs and if they passed of old age well we buried them in our pen cemetery,where there are a few chickens , frog , hamster and a few other pet critters. You could say my anxiety level is on a high. I found in the laundry room a 5.5 foot snake skin. Yep  the concrete jungle doesn't sound like a bad option at the moment. The pros and cons of country living.

No comments: