Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Wednesday, October 05, 2022

Today

 It's not when we are looking

those gifts throughout life, 

that challenge the heart 

and toy with the mind. 


Like a complicated puzzle 

each piece will somehow fit in, 

it's up to us to decide

when and where it all begins. 


Each day added to years

chapters to my own ears,

all of my thoughts are different

not all of them heaven sent.


There is no winning or losing

the experience is always moving,

when you no longer feel the 

emotions have met up with the end.


I've the turned another page 

as if yesterday died in its own way,

cleared the canvas of thought

no more lessons need to be taught.


Waking up to a day that's new and

a sky above that is certainly blue,

there is sunshine here in my heart

I reckon that you played a part.


All of the darkness faded away 

and only the goodness remains,

I said goodbye in my own way

as I begin a new chapter today.




 




No comments: