Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Sweet Dreams

 There is one sky above us

though we are far apart, 

the galaxy filled with stars

and a moon uniting our hearts.


You are always with me, 

a mere thought away, 

like a kiss from the heavens

where sweet dreams are made. 



~



I believe the journey was written

by someone other than me, 

from the first day we are born

you know there will be a few thorns. 


I might have a choice 

but something harnessed my voice 

and I don't think you could hear

my whispers of love.


~

Just to wake up in you arms

and feel the beat of your heart, 

that is all I would ever need

and to you I quietly plead.


The visions of sweet 

bring you ever close to me, 

if only in my dreams 

via the warmest memories. 


~

People don't understand

that this is part of God's plan, 

to reveal in its own way,

the love that heaven made. 


The tears swell from inside

as the memories toy with the mind,

a reminder of what could have been

as the loss is truly a sin. 


~

I can't see the sunrise this morning, 

the trees of late summer block with green,

the clouds of darkness are hanging low

and the chill of a new season screams.


There is an ache that resides in my heart

and a emptiness that leaves behind a void,

it might be why I have this awful dream

where I'm running to a place I've never seen.


It plays over and over in my head

so much so that it seems so very real, 

like a dagger straight to my heart

that is how vivid the dream is still.





Doing what is right,

looking towards the light,

the road before us 

has trouble in its sight.


Reaching out to hold you,

pulling you so ever near, 

my worried heart's in need 

without you there is just fear. 



No comments: