Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

8:45 and I'm on the ice


Eight forty five and we’re bridged through time
to find we crossed the miles with our mind.
Laughter , smiles and so much fun
Two visions align with a mock sun

The ice was cold and your heart warm
reflections shadow past any storms.
Endless dreams and unsung songs
skate to the tune of play along.

My ankles wobble and my knees shake
afraid I’ll fall and my heart will break.
Circle , circle round we go, feeling dizzy
you caught me so.

It’s eight forty five and I’m on the ice
bridged through time your hand in mine.
Lights a glimmer and the people fade
and for one moment I wouldn’t trade.

Hand in hand , your arms to hold
a friendship bonded out of gold.
Ice clear, the ice smooth and for
a moment my spirit soothed.

It’s eight forty five and.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Holding your kindness to comfort though the night.

No comments: