Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, April 10, 2021

Sorrow

 From the mountain to the sea, 

from the river yonder those trees. 

My heart is racing with thoughts 

conjured up in a dream. 


Rainbows don't last 

they always fade away, 

unlike our star in the sky 

it's there for another day. 


~

I'm a fool for believing

I know it can't be real, 

these emotions that have

my heart standing still. 


Like a penny in a wishing well

there is no way to escape,

I am not sure if it's wants or 

a boggle up kind of need. 


~

The silence speaks the loudest 

as it toils with the mind, 

playing games with my heart

fiddling through time. 


Chapters are written

and the pen was always mine, 

I made a choice to script

your soul here next to mine. 


~

I quivered at the notion, 

the chill raced from inside

as I wiped the tear drops 

resetting the hands of time. 


Once the day has passed 

another one begins, 

I think of you my sweet love

and how we'll meet again. 


~


If I the cause of a fallen tear, a lash to the heart, a scar to the soul, then I shall join and weep shall we of the darkness cast and stale windless sea. Gloom filled stagnant pool of fear created the waters to drown us here. Cold and rough separates the land and yet I still can feel your hand. Grasping mercifully this my plea, to lift me from my fallen knee. A chill that weakens from inside, forces me to run and hide. Hard like crystal and yet reflects the light of love, the warmth of souls, the mystery that still unfolds. Lay your head upon my breast, gentle soft with out life's test. Unlock the gates of despair and let the sadness free from here. Together we shall take flight, like an eagle who rules the blue sky. Above the winds and many clouds, beyond the barriers of the mind. One to one this bond was formed and nothing can break what God has born. Love and caring, warm and true, a friendship of many a hue.









No comments: