Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, September 16, 2021

To that Country Twang

 I didn't go looking and I didn't expect to find

that you would be here time after time. 

I didn't go looking and I didn't expect to find

a love, like the love between you and I.


I didn't know or understand at the time

that love does exist like a blissful rhyme .

I didn't know or understand at the time 

but I know now what there is between 

you and I. 


I didn't go wishing or wanting anything

but a deep and dark void was left behind in me, 

till that day long ago when you first said hello

you took my hand and held on to me.


I didn't believe a love like this could exist

it's more than any one person could wish, 

from that first day I hadn't been the same

for my days of sunshine dried up the rain.







No comments: