Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, November 02, 2021

Singing ...the love from you.

 My mind a drift 

at the days of long ago,

I couldn't help but think

how much I love you so.


The chapter had been written

and the pages have all been turned,

as I hold the pen once more and

write the words of love again.


I have said a  few goodbyes

and teetered on a new hello,

wishing and wanting that

you wouldn't have let me go.


But I can't change the yesterdays

no matter how much I try,

even if the thoughts of you 

never, ever leave my mind;.


Singing... can't rewrite the pages

where you held my hand

and I can't skip the chapters 

that made you my man.


I spend my nights dreaming

sweet thoughts of you,

I'll take the blue skies and sunshine

as they are filled with love from you.

 





No comments: