Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, January 25, 2024

The word

 I spent my life running

though my feet were standing still, 

troubled with the bends 

I couldn't make it over the hills. 


The memories weighted

seem to hold me down, 

as I tried to let go

I felt as if I drowned. 


Reviewing each one,

like a chapter in a book, 

the images came to life

and my heart they took. 

~

Impossible to say goodbye

as you are a part of me, 

more than memories in a day

you are the start of all my dreams.


I tried to make sense of all that happened

but I think the world is still laughing. 

Though it might not matter to anyone

 I have felt the magic of true love.


Powerful as it can be, 

touched my heart and set my soul free, 

all stories must come to and end

so I close my eyes 




No comments: