Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Sunday, May 19, 2024

This Heart OF Mine

 Is there a world beyond this nightmare? 

Will the days of sorrow ever end? 

Time has not softened the memories

they've only hardened my heart from 

within. 


I called out your name in the darkness,

hoping that some how you could respond.

But wishes are simply just wishes 

and the silence never ever ends. 


I try to not dwell on yesterday

to move forward in everyway.

But it seems that even in my travels

my mind can't get away.


I thought tears could no longer fall,

that I wouldn't miss you so, 

but my love for you is eternal

and I will never let you go.


Is there a world beyond this nightmare?

Will the days of sorrow ever end?

Time has not softened the memories, 

They've only harden this heart of 

mine from within. 






No comments: