Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Wednesday, January 06, 2021

Borrowed

I borrowed your sunshine to brighten my day,
to give meaning to life in a sweet loving way.
I borrowed your world as I stepped on in
to escape the doldrums deep from within. 

The days were exciting as I went on to dream
challenging the barriers, setting souls free.
No mountains , oceans or rivers I plead 
the union of two was just meant to be.


 Birds singing, sun shining and blue skies await us.


~

Caught up in singing a song,

I think I might have it all wrong

as the melody of sweet love 

deeply longs for you, as I'm 

caught up in singing a song. 


Caught up in the dance on the clouds,

but there is no one else around, 

as these arms of mine reach on out to

hold on to you, I find I'm caught up

in the dance on the clouds.



~

Nothing could make me love you

more than I already do,

you have touched my heart

in away that makes my sky blue.


Nothing could replace the dreams

unless I was there with you,

kissing sweet your tender lips 

the way that lovers do.




~

Wishful thinking 

that's what they say, 

as I find myself dreaming

the day away.


Imagination gone wild

finds me here with a smile, 

maybe I saw what I wanted to see

and deep down inside I knew it 

could never be. 


Wishing thinking

that's what they say,

as I find myself dreaming

the day away.


~


Red Flags

You try to avoid them

to pretend they're not there, 

from the moment of hello

the obvious had appeared.


I wanted to believe 

and wish it was so, 

that I closed my eyes

and I let it all go. 


Call me a fool of sort

as I kept on wanting a little bit more, 

trust and faith had nothing to do

with the love that blossomed for you.


Denial had surfaced there at its best

like life had set me up for a test, 

I might have saw one or two 

as I ignored those red flags that

came from you.


~

You must have liked to see the tears, 

to leave when you knew how much I cared.

From the sharing of my heart with you, 

I was sure that you always be here too. 


You must enjoyed the broken heart

to walk away the way you did, 

to close the doors on my love and

leave absence in a day undone.

~

Restless sleeping and there is

nothing that I can  say, 

that would make me forget

the storms that come this way. 


I reached out in the darkness

to feel you reaching  back, 

placing my hand in yours

as the dreams have brought you 

back.


~


We painted the canvas

with a sky of silvery blue,

sprinkled it with star dust 

and hung upon the moon.


Created a visual 

like a walk in the park,

where you held my hand

and kept safe my heart.








~

No comments: