Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Friday, July 02, 2021

LA De DA

 I took the path

not knowing where it leads, 

felt a bit lonely while 

falling to my knees. 


I made my mistakes

lost count of a few, 

but it taught me to appreciate

my love for you. 


There is a lot to learn

we are never to old, 

for the journey was written

to guide our soul. 


Our needs may differ

and our needs the same, 

in this chapter of life 

that seems like a game. 


Might have been the sorrow

and the heartache I felt, 

that numbed the experience

in this life long tale.


Like our Irish song 

that fills the hills, 

my heart sings 

what my soul has willed.


La de da, la da de,

 la de , la de da

no words are needed

in this chapter called love. 


To hold for a moment

in this most unusual way,

I close my eyes and give

praise for the day. 


Hold my hand , 

come dance with me, 

if only in the heart of 

my dreams. 


Tell me you love me

tills the stars no longer shine 

and that you will be mine 

for all of time. 

No comments: