Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, July 03, 2021

Under the Blankets2

I woke this morning

all my thoughts were of you, 

like a flip book before me

I saw my life through. 


The tears kept falling

and I didn't know what to do,

my choices were many 

captured under the blue. 


The experience is the lesson

on this path we call life, 

some were awfully delightful

and others didn't feel quite right.


I don't know what to think

was this love of mine real?

I held it deep in my heart

and there you will find it still. 


Everyone has a story and some

books are bigger that is true,

but as each chapter comes to and end

I find myself reviewing the one of  you.


It could have been much different

and I could have walked away, 

but the reasons are so many 

while infused in a certain way. 


From a child I carried the sorrow

as a woman I quickly put it away

only to find another heartbreak

would follow me to this day.


The song that broke the silence

took me to another time and place.

there I could find your smile 

and the love that made my heart race.


I stayed awhile in the moment

I felt as if you were here, 

something changed inside me

and the strength to get thru appeared.


I snuggled under the blanket

and I wished the sorrow away,

I'm here to celebrate a love

that is in my heart to stay. 





No comments: