Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Only Comes With Time

 My waking and sleeping hours

are all simply just the same, 

I spend them thinking of you 

each and every day.


I hold onto the moments

that bring the most amount of joy,

relieving each and everyone 

the images cannot be destroyed.


Grateful for the experience 

of a time so long ago, 

a life preserver I hold on to

and just can't let go.


Gazing at the night stars

that shine down on you and me,

it brings with it a reminder 

no distance can separate a dream.


We're as close as the thoughts

that unite a soul to soul, 

each comes with the blessing

the heavens quickly unfold.


The hopeless romantic is

running while standing still, 

trying to change the path 

but I guess I simply failed.


The words take to the music

like the heart to a whisper, 

repeating the words of love

that can't even be heard.


Waking to the morning light

with you here in my mind,

feeling a sense of peace

that only comes with time.









No comments: