Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, June 11, 2022

Shattered Glass

 There are no words to ease the comfort

of this heart that's broken in two, 

I've died over a thousand times 

with every thought of you. 


Nothing can change the way I feel,

until every beat of my heart is still. 

I race with time hoping that I'd forget

to find a pool of tears that has me 

soaking wet. 


The memories are overwhelming 

and I don't know what to do, 

as all the haunting daydreams 

are consumed with you. 


~

Running, running, running

though my feet are standing still, 

running, running, running 

everything is a mountain or hill.


Can't compare the pain 

in this everyday world 

for everything is different 

and this is how I feel. 

~






No comments: