Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Passing Ships In The Night

 I lay here thinking in the night

as the stars rule the heavens high,

and at that very passing moment 

the thoughts of you entered my mind. 


I wondered if there was a meaning

to the people, place and time,

did it really alter our existence

creating the platform for rhyme?


The emotion has no control here

it's like a blank page in my mind, 

if there is a lesson to be learned here

it's that our existence fades with time.


When one refuses to remember

or acknowledge the importance at hand, 

we are lowered to a mere moment 

like " two ships passing in the night"


I briefly closed my eyes, 

and I whispered all my goodbyes, 

a sense of peace became the blanket

as the loneliness of the night could 

not be denied. 


Take a deep breath and slowly exhale

I questioned was this a beginning or an end?

Does the story have another chapter? Or are

the pages filled without any more entries. 


I don't have all the answers

no matter how much I try, 

I just keep on trying 

to release the troubles in 

my mind.


The road before us 

takes on many a view, 

the hills and bends

travel through grey and blue.


I battle waking up 

without tears in my eyes

as I linger in the moment

when your heart first met

mine.











 

No comments: