Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Yesterday

 Only to free the soul and

unleash your foolish hold, 

yesterday is all but gone

and took with it the song.


No voice in the night

the silence is hard to fight,

sorrow has found a way 

to master both night and day.


~

I had no chance to say goodbye

angels weeping from up high, 

take good care of the lost souls

and help them find the way.


Something happened from inside

I thought I had lost my mind, 

the world has changed a lot 

and then again not changed at all.

~

Words are easy they say

but actions rule the day,

like memories of ole 

a story remains. 


Something happened to me

I am not the same as I use to be,

older, wiser you might say 

or just on guard in a leery way.


No tears behind these eyes

I can no longer cry, 

as the emptiness inside 

has felt as something died. 




No comments: