Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Sunday, December 04, 2022

Heartache

 I tried to reach you 

to tell you I was here,

but the dream turned to a

frightening and bitter nightmare.


My heart was racing 

I never sensed such fear,

knowing I was all alone and

you were never really here.


It was a bit of Deja vu

as I repeated it once again,

over and over and it always

came to the same end.


I didn't write this story, 

it doesn't come from my pen,

as I would never have written

in this awful end. 


Every day would be sunshine

and gentle blue skies above, 

I'd be forever in your arms 

feeling your sweet love.


There would be no hole

where once held a heart

and there would be no tears

to play their part. 


I woulda held your hand 

I woulda never let go,

but the story was written

in hell long ago. 


It doesn't feel good

this path laughs last,

as it causes a heartache

from that long ago past.


I am trying my best 

to let all of it go, 

but you became a part of me

and today it still shows/






No comments: