Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, July 27, 2023

Nightly Dreams

 

My soul stands agitated 

when I try to let you go, 

so I had to accept reality

of what my heart already 

knows.


It might be referred as twin flames

or referenced as a soulmate of hearts, 

the connection between two of us

will never ever part. 


You can deny it all you want, 

you can walk away from me, 

but I'll catch up to you 

in my nightly dreams. 



`



I raced to my bedside 

to hold my pillow tight, 

and dream once more

of you in the night. 


The years have passed on

and many have come and gone, 

but not one of them 

could even hum the words to 

our song. 


There is some connection

a heart and soul elective, 

where dreams are the tool

to bring you here to me. 


I'll pass on alone

because I can't let you go, 

you're a part of me 

even if all I have of you is dreams.



No comments: