Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Sunday, April 07, 2024

 When I need to see you here, 

I close my eyes and there you are. 

Comforting in so many ways, 

the visuals are always so clear. 


I feel you in the touch of the wind

there is never  a stories end, 

for you are here in my heart

where you've been from the start. 


When I hear your voice 

like a song it always toys, 

messing with this heart of mine

it stops the hands of time. 


No matter where we go

what we do or what we know, 

there will always be a place

in heavens space. 


Singing sweet words of love

bring you so near to me, 

once more I close my eyes

to see you there in my dreams.


~

I feel your presence around me

as your laughter haunts the night,

touching me in this most unique way

I think the Lord has given me sight.


The gifts of life only foretell of a

forever love and a magical spell,

that cast a light upon you and I

in a story that we have yet to tell.


The whispers from my lips

come to you through each kiss,

to remind you of a love 

that the soul can't dismiss. 










It's some kind of dream 

where I can't let you go, 

the feelings inside of me, 

continue to grow. 


I'm reaching in the dark

wishing you were here, 

taking my hand in yours

as in your eyes I stare. 


~

This must be memories

that haunt the night, 

messing with my heart

bringing visions to life. 


I don't think it's quite fair

these feelings that I have, 

as I imagine you must 

be having the last laugh.


The dreams are awfully sweet, 

I just can't let them go, 

I review them all the time 

in gratitude of a moment 

when you were mine.


No comments: