Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Promises of the Heart

Once I saw the beauty of a rose, 
the fragrance faded, the petals 
fell and the stem shriveled.


Then I saw the beauty of your love,
forever sweet, always growing, 
and providing the most beautiful
of blooms. 




I wasn't expecting, 
nor did I hope to 
find a love so 
warm and wonderful, 
one so truly divine. 

I asked the Lord for 
nothing, I left with him
no prayer, but it was 
obvious that the Lord
sent someone to care.

I didn't wish upon a star,
nor did I make a plea,
but it was obvious  by that
first hello how much
you'd mean to me. 



 I asked the Lord for 
nothing, I left with him
no prayer, but it was 
obvious that the Lord
sent someone to care.

Everyday a tear falls 
and you wipe each one 
a way and give to me the 
laughter that in my 
heart stays. 

~
Forever will there be a place
 here within my heart, from
the day you took my hand
 you ignited it with a spark. 


Like fire that blazes uncontrollably your love 
spread from heart to soul and so I leave this
promise not to break this magic hold. 


Windows will open,doors may someday close,
 but for you the door remains unlocked and in
my heart you go.


From my heart a promise that the galaxy
we'll rule and we'll live on forever beyond
this earthly hold. 



I gazed unto the heavens,
I looked beyond the stars
and in the dark of night,
I felt your love take a hold.


 

Like a child I feared the darkness,
I asked that I never be alone and
the heavens lit the darkness  and
your love assured me with it's
embrace, that no matter the distance
of time and place, with love in our
hearts the barriers will fade.




Sometimes I see the end,
but you always give to me a beginning. 

With the reassurance of your love,
there are no mountains, no rivers,
no stars between us. 



My heart sings, 
my soul dances 
and my love for 
you entwines you 
and I in a forever
 embrace. 


No comments: