Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, December 19, 2016

Take it to the attic...

Raising children an all to popular line when asked what to do with something was " take it to the attic." I hadn't been up there in a while and as I rummaged through the various boxes I found myself traveling once more through an array of memories. From the tiny snow suit that was passed down to each child to papers that were tucked in boxes from their school days.
The attic was more than a place where you hung on to items that should have been long ago donated to the second hand store, it was a place of solitude. I remember it as a safe haven when I couldn't necessarily get away. Sometimes a place of deep thought and occasionally a place where I could hide away from everything.
With the holidays approaching my mind reviews life like a child's flip book. Where you flip the pages and a picture story reveals itself. Maybe its more like the title of the movie " the good, the bad and the ugly" as life contains all of that and more.
Another year and another holiday approaching ...wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Again... reached for your hand and found your heart, 
touched your heart and found your soul. 

No comments: