Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, October 27, 2018

Close and closer

                                                                  

                                     





I woke up at 4 am and watched a silly romance movie. I should go on and say it a " chick flick." You know the kind where you laugh and cry in the same movie. It reminded me of my first formal dance at age 16 . All the girls wanted roses, I wanted daisy's. My father would say that I always " walked to the beat of my own drum." Call it a little bit crazy or a passion or maybe just following one's own thoughts and dreams.

I guess I always followed my inner being and dared to be a little different. Which brings to my crazy addiction for fine china. I splurged on myself and bought a set of holly Christmas bone china. It surely wasn't a need but more of a want. I guess we could have Christmas dinner on paper plates or the other sets of china I collected,but to me when family is together that is a special occasion and special occasions deserve to be celebrated as such. I always told the children not to worry about racing home on a holiday. I told them whenever we are together that it is special and for that reason alone I always keep a turkey in the freezer. I wanted them to share the moment not because they needed to but because they wanted to be here with me.  Fine china or not we will never be a " Rockwell painting."
I had an all day headache yesterday and when I woke up this morning without the stubborn headache, I was that much more grateful for life. Sighs ...deep breath. Who would think  a headache could do all that ? It is like a good cry washing away all the negativity in life or starting it a new with a fresh canvas.  On this canvas I am painting, sunshine and blue skies, happiness and dreams, romance and love, you and me. Never a gray sky, no darkness allowed, sharing in laughter and sometimes a smile.

There is a calm to the moment
as I wake up in your arms
and a joy to the thought that
you're here in my heart.

Quite whimsical and magical
in a dreamy kind of way
as I know your love is here
as within me it's ingrained.

My father knew more old adages and quotes than anyone I have ever known. But I realized when you start repeating some of them you have either gotten old or your parents have found a way to come out in you. There is the old say " the straw that broke the camels back" " God helps those who help themselves" " a watch never boils " " actions speak louder than words"" absence makes the heart grow fonder."" treat others as you would have them treat you" I imagine that the old adages have guided me throughout life or at least they are engrained  in who we are.   I have slept way to long that I seem to be rambling or blowing in the wind. So I think if your willing , I'll quit writing and begin to dance or at least

 close my eyes and pull you close.

Close and closer ,
eyes sealed tight,
the fragrance haunting
in your arms tonight.

No right or wrong
just follow the steps,
feeling your heart beat
and the taste of your lips.

Body to body
in this sweet embrace
as we hold on tight
in our special place.

In the clouds of heaven
above the treasure of blue,
we'll dance and dance
the whole day through.

Feeling without touching
and knowing it's true ,
when hearts come together
the love continues to blooms.

Close and closer ,
eyes sealed tight, 
the fragrance haunting
in your arms tonight.







No comments: