Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, January 21, 2019

Lunar Eclipse








Almost midnight and temperature near 0 F as I headed outdoors to get a rare glimpse of a blood moon. It was a perfect view of a full lunar eclipse when the moon passes in the shadow of the earth.
Earth just a piece of something much bigger and as I look into the cool crisp night sky I am quickly reminded how majestic and magical our celestial heavens really are. The clear night revealed a marvelously bright sky and it not only gave a wonderful lunar show but brought a view of the stars and planets that you don't rarely see in the Pennsylvania skies.
 Here we are given the planet earth, one of the greatest gifts if not the greatest bestowed to mankind. I am not sure if it's greed , power or the mystery of space that drives humans to build or mine on the moon and reach places not yet traveled. But with the moons impact on the ocean tides you can't help but wonder if altering anything in space will have an affect on the gravitational pull in a negative way. In our time we might view the first man on mars or see bits of science fiction become reality. Only a fool believes that we are the only living creature in the billions of galaxies that exist. But you have to wonder are we going like what we find.
Space exploration as powerful as it makes the aeronautic program, it also makes earth seem trivial in comparison. I look upward and I don't feel separated from space but one with it. As big as the night sky is , it is also just one of the billion galaxies that blanket over you and I.
I look out at the heavens knowing you are ever so close, not separate but joined two as one. I found myself in as state of peace for the moment. Soft smile surfaced and I found myself comforted in knowing you, loving you and sharing, not only my life with you but yours with me. We are just another piece of Earths puzzle.
Racing up the steps I rush into take off my winter coat and warm up by the fire. ...sings Put your head on my shoulder, whisper in my ear baby, tell we what I long to hear, tell me, tell me that you love me too.




.

No comments: