Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, June 27, 2019

with you


Funny what triggers a memory. I was thinking about the time my sisters and I slept in the attic. The four of us had to be quiet. My father was strict and so no laughing giggling or singing after 9 pm. The light from the street pole allowed us to make shadow puppets on the wall. With our hands we would make all these shapes, butterflies , birds, spiders, etc .I haven't thought back about that time in awhile. The simplicity of childhood even in some of the most difficult times , children can find away to entertain themselves.
Simplicity it made think of how easy it is to love to you, to share a moment in the day. I treasure these years with you. It is a bit of magic, rolled in a dusting of passion , baked with love , as it leaves a sweetness deep in my soul.

When life is a bit overwhelming, I realize I at that time forgot the importance of the kitchen dance. Pulls you close and holds you tight, leans into you for a kiss as I whisper " I love you."

 Follow these simple steps,
one , two , three, it's that easy,
feel the beat of your heart
that is my favorite  part.

Dancing night and day
in a warm and loving way,
on the clouds passing by
you can hear me let out a sigh.

No wrong here
all that matters is what we share,
love and laughter and a tear or two,
so glad that it's with you

 Follow these simple steps,
one , two , three, it's that easy,
feel the beat of your heart
that is my favorite  part.

No comments: