Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Friday, December 11, 2020

Alone

 I find myself alone and dreaming

needing and wanting you here with me, 

it seems a thousand years between us 

or the crossing of a million seas. 


Tears fallen from the heavens

or is that my heart that weeps?

without your love I  have nothing

while I've fallen into a deep sleep.


I could take to the mountains 

stand there to feel the breeze,

but nothing really matters

because you're not here with me. 


The void is deep within me

the sorrow has found its place, 

they must have called this heartache

as the pain inside remains. 


I know all to well this story no

 enchantment or happy endings for me,

to the grave I'll take the secrets of the 

love that once set my soul free. 


I must not have meant enough to you, 

nor did I  make your sky blue, 

for you easily walked out on me

when I thought love knew what to do. 


Haunted by the experience

when I thought you held my hand, 

to find that I was standing here alone

in what I thought was heavens plan. 


No sparks to light the night, 

nor sunshine to bring happiness my way,

as I walk through this darkness

your love seems to fade farther away.



No comments: