Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Sunday, December 27, 2020

Waking Up

 I woke from a nightmare with my heart racing and my head ready to explode.  I fell asleep with the tv on and the news must have gotten into my head. The world is a crazy place and the sensationalism of newscaster encouraged my Armageddon type dreams.  Writing has always been away to cleanse the canvas of the day bringing forth good thoughts. As I get my rather unsettled emotions under control here's to better thoughts.


The year is passing 

so much unseen and undone,

as I go about dreaming

of the arms of the one I love.


Like the ocean meets the shore

and the sunrises in the morn,

I take to the heavens as away

of finding your love to explore.


It brings a blanket of peace

that calms and soothes the soul,

your love brings a warmth 

that has me wanting for more.


My breath relaxed

and my heart follows suit,

as I go about reviewing the

love labeled "forevermore."


The hills are snow covered

as it's now fully winter time,

so I close my eyes to dream

a summer with your hand in mine.


You can't stop the feelings,

I won't toss them away,

the love we shared still brings

sunshine my way.


As I prepare to fall asleep

I visualize you here, 

a moment of a lifetime 

removes the nightmares I fear.









No comments: