Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Holiday

 Maybe it's the season or the sappy holiday movies. That I find myself time after time going over the same memories. One was when I was seven years old and we were moving and I asked if I could take my baby doll and mother replied" take what you can carry. " I couldn't carry my clothes and the dolls but that memory all these years later still burns a hole in my heart. I ended up moving in with a Great Aunt with nothing but a few clothing items. She took me to a Christmas store. It was the first time I   had ever been in a store that carried nothing but Christmas items. She said pick out something for your younger sister and yourself. I chose a pink elf and a purple elf for myself. To this day I still place that elf on the tree. Call me the sentimental fool. I left out a lot that happened in those earlier years . Maybe it was intentional or a way of healing that the mind selects certain memories to hold onto. Somehow there is a gap in time and I find myself sharing those first holidays with my own children. I remember taking them to green tree shopping mall. We viewed the decorations they saw Santa Claus and we did some shopping. There was something uniquely special about that day. It was a really nice holiday that year. The holiday has away of touching on all the emotions. I just want to say that I hope you find the perfect memories to carry you through the holiday. Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas!

No comments: