Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

..as I turn the page.

Grey skies, another day, 
step by step we find our way, 
the journey quickly unfolds
with memories of old. 


Tear drops fall like rain
as I recall the heartache,
the feelings of losing you 
never fade from my heart.


I tried to turn another page as
I think one chapter stills remains,
one where I hold the pen
and a new story begins. 


Optimistic you might say
the star of love above reigns,
no expectations do I have 
old mistakes I'll not entertain.


This heart is guarded well
I won't experience another hell,
protecting it from days gone by
there is no messing with the mind.


There might be just a little time 
the course of life quick like a rhyme,
to waste a moment would be a shame
but I am not playing a game.


Hearts were meant to give
without such love why should we live,
the choices that we continue to make 
should best be understood. 



Emotions are in disguise
protecting with foolish lies, 
like a mask upon my face 
my heart is hidden that's true.



If I allow my mind to rule 
shall my heart remain cold?
Denying the experience 
will change our eternity. 


No longer sad of goodbyes 
I know the star is yours and mine,
shining down on you and me 
no matter where we may be. 





No comments: