Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, January 27, 2022

What Lovers Do

 The imaginary garden is

where everything is in bloom,

I take your hand and we 

stroll right through noon.


The fragrance sweet

and the memories are fine, 

like the pleasure of sharing 

with you a bit of time. 


Taking a deep breath 

and exhaling mighty slow,

with each kiss to you 

the love is set a glow. 


Here is where I hear

your soft-spoken voice,

from the moment of hello

I wasn't given a choice. 


My heart knew from the start

that you were never very far.

Here with me in all I say and do

the reason on winter days my 

sky is a baby blue. 


You chase away the darkness

with love as warm as sunshine,

through your memory I 

bring the love story to life.


Heaven was created 

on that first shared day with you

and there is where you'll find me

doing what lovers do. 



No comments: