Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Regrets

Missing You

The ducks were quacking

and the willow made a blind, 

yet we still connected 

like a lover writes a rhyme.


I gaze on out the window

each and every night,

to see that star of ours

is always shining bright.


My emotions reacted

and I began to cry,

the shoulda, coulda, woulda

surfaces from time to time.


I shoulda held your hand

and never let it go, 

but it's the best I could do 

without your sign.


I coulda tried harder

if I knew what I meant to you,

but the blue skies above us

changed the world with a different

hue.


I woulda done it over 

to spend another moment with you,

but the shoulda, coulda , woulda

reveals the regrets hullabaloo.









Could be the season

or the weather outside,

the early dark days bring

the memories to mind.


Some bring tears

that can't be wiped away.

but I am focusing on the love

that bring joy to the day.






 I spent my life running 

while my feet were standing still,

the choices we all make  

are based on our own freewill. 


Right or wrong 

the journey must be complete,

with different characters 

set in place to complete.


There is path that leads to sorrow

and another to happiness, 

as I wipe away the tears I think

of the ones that were filled with bliss.





No comments: