Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Never Imagined

 Confusing are the emotions, 

and quite troubling indeed, 

as I question the feelings 

that fail to release. 


The desire to share 

in all we say and do, 

goodnight and good morning

as I wake up next to you.


Might be foolishness 

to want what's in a dream, 

or down right ignorance 

as I hold on to your memory.


I thought about my grandmother 

and all the time's she said goodbye

to those she loved dearly that

were no longer by her side.


I never imagined 

the experience of time,

would find me in that place

where sorrow meets goodbye.


The world and all its negativity

weighs heavily on the soul,

that is why I gaze to the heavens

to free the troubling hold.


This love is quite different

than anyone could no, 

as it was seeded in my heart

and it continues to grow.


The tears upon my pillow

are for all that will not be, 

as I go about daydreaming

of what you mean to me. 






No comments: