Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, April 30, 2022

Mine

 Rose petals fall 

unused crystal says it all, 

when I think of you 

my skies are no longer blue.


The battle is not at will 

of the emotions that I feel, 

like a cloud of my very own

the emotion just won't let go. 


I sit here all alone

gazing at the midnight glow, 

thinking of those yesterdays 

and the decisions that were made.


Regret has no place 

only love is on display, 

from my heart to you

I send my love true. 


The eyes no longer tear

though you're not here to share,

this quarter of life 

just doesn't feel right.


Documented day by day

like a story written in the rain, 

a storm or two 

and the clouds of grey grew.


So, I say by goodbye 

as if something inside me died,

nothing stays the same 

maybe I was pawn in your game.


Sometimes I just can't see

as if blocked by a forest of trees, 

once more I take this time 

to dreams the dreams that make

you mine.




No comments: