Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

...and love you I do.

 With family all passed away I find myself holding on to memories. Dad always said, " no goodbyes, I'll be seeing ya." Maybe it's the holidays, the lame holiday movies or the music that has me looking back. Sometimes the holidays bring a sadness of its own. You can't run, you can't hide so you have to face the day. 


I hopped on that passing cloud and

I found I pulled it down to the ground, 

All that left is the foolish dreams 

and your sweet memories. 


From tears to smiles

and smiles to tears, 

as I go about thinking of you

and wondering if you think

of me too?


The snow has fallen

and the hills are dressed in white.

all that I can see and feel 

is your hand in mine. 


I have aged a bit over the years

and still inside feel like I am sixteen,

that feeling you get from falling in love

never leaves this heart and soul of mine.


~

I'll aways love you 

and love you I do, 

the magic that comes

when one and one is 

no longer two.





No comments: