Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, November 21, 2022

Feelings of Love

 The snow has fallen, 

it now blankets the ground

as the birds have flown south 

and the deer hang around. 


Winter is upon us 

as the darkness has its say, 

I go about daydreaming 

of those bright summer days.


Time is moving quickly 

and older are we, 

but nothing really changes

I love you in every way. 


From day one 

when you first said hello, 

my heart began racing 

as the love continued to grow.


I could send the whispers 

to your ears alone, 

but I doubt that you would hear

as you have let me go. 


I go about the evening 

as I have the night before, 

imagining how different 

life would be from the core. 


I danced in the kitchen

with a smile upon my face, 

as I thought about you 

in my arms each day. 


Foolish might I be 

to want forevermore, 

but one thing is certain

that we never know what's

in store. 


There is no falling asleep

I keep on silly thoughts of love

and the happiness I gathered 

from those passing clouds above.


Many things can leave us

and so much really does, 

but nothing can take away 

these feelings of love. 

No comments: