Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Friday, February 10, 2023

Alternate Endings

 Alternate endings, 

I reviewed them many times,

considering the choices 

redirecting this life. 


Woulda, coulda, shoulda

is foolishness at its best, 

for the path was laid before us

and we put to the test. 


The moments are quite clear, 

clearer with each passing day, 

as I can see you before me

as if I was back in yesterday. 


I failed to let it go 

the dreams that hold me here, 

even though I am grateful,

for the time we had to share. 


I'll whisper to the night 

knowing my stars are yours 

in hoping they shine down on you

with a kiss from one who cares. 


Maybe I was deceived, 

I thought I understood, 

but I failed to recognize,

where time no longer stood. 









No comments: