Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Friday, February 17, 2023

Willow's Wood

No more laughter, 

no more song and

no more dreams 

that I'm in your arms. 


Giving up or giving in,

it's a strange way to live.

From this moment on I'm

gonna try to right the wrong.


No blue birds for me, 

just a finch perched on the tree, 

reminder of a day long gone 

as it chirps its morning song. 


Snowflakes falling with a breeze,

stirring up some old memories.

From that very first hello 

I never truly ever let you go. 


Wishing thinking at its best

hoping I could handle the test.

I wanted a little bit more but

reality had something else in store.


Waking up to your kisses sweet

and lying in your arms like a dream, 

somethings are not meant to be 

like the love cast to eternity. 


One side of this silly game

made a pawn of me to this very day, 

tried and tried as much as I could, 

but the truth is in the willow's wood. 












No comments: