Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, February 26, 2024

Haunt My Mind

 You never ever said  your good-bye

the void in my heart feels like I had died, 

I tried to hold on to all the memories 

but as the days passed so did they. 


I try to visualize what it could be

but it all seems like a blur to me,

maybe it was just a dream or

 two people simply in passing. 


The ache is always with me

no matter what or where I go,

like an imprint left in concrete

there are reminders everywhere.


No longer do the tears fall 

though we could have had it all, 

all the joy that love brings and

the feelings like the first of spring. 


I looked upon the night sky 

searching the heavens high, 

knowing that you might be looking too

as I say my good- bye to you. 


It didn't turn out how I hoped

seemed that we were sliding  

up and down the slippery slopes,

no it didn't turn out how I hoped.


Just to once hold your hand

walking along the freshly washed sand,

as the sun shines down on you and I

I'll have to settle for those dreams that

haunt my mind.







No comments: