Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, February 24, 2024

One or a Thousand

 I felt the chill of the wind to my cheek, 

the stars shining and the moon full as can be.

Silence of the brisk walk in the night 

gave way to the tree's as they came to life. 


Walking down the gravel road 

somehow I knew I wasn't alone.

My hand swinging by myside 

felt your hand gentle in mine. 


I gazed up high at the  sky

as the the night went passing by,

I knew wherever you were,

my whisper of love would be heard.


Snow blankets the winter grass 

as the trees silhouette captures the past,

from that moment I knew it to be true

in my heart is where I keep you.


~

You can run away 

as fast as can be, 

but the truth beholds

what will be. 


It doesn't matter 

how far we go, 

as the reflection 

won't ever let go. 


No one to push 

and no one to pull, 

so I dust off the moment

and take on the hill. 


I took on the challenge

and I'll see where it leads,

one day or a thousand 

I'll still have my dreams.



No comments: