Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

I'm not listening to the love songs

 Sings 


I'm not listening to the love songs,

I'm not playing them anymore.

I refuse to be reminded 

of when you closed the door. 


My heart fought moving forward

you had me hanging by a thread,

till I came to the conclusion 

that something in my heart was dead.


I'm not feeling any emotion

I've lost the ability to cry.

Maybe I have been hardened

by the years that have gone by.


The endless days were a struggle,

I am sure I never crossed your mind.

The world could have been a whole lot different

if you didn't let go of this hand of mine.


I thought it might have been a chapter

and I just needed to turn the page,

but the truth is in the whole story 

and I need to burn that book of mine. 


Toggled in some sort of limbo

not able to get beyond the past, 

the days were cold and dark

and they were passing awfully fast.


I'm not listening to the love songs,

I'm not playing them anymore.

I refuse to be anchored and

 have my heart begging for more.






No comments: