Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Falling Rainbow



The Lock

Pick at the lock in such a warm way,
opening my heart a little more each day.


A combination played out perfectly,
released the soul where it once
sat to decay.


Hold my hand and prepare for
flight, released from the hollow
each morning and night.

Higher then the woodland trees, is
the smile on your face that sets me free.


The more we share, the further we
go, over the mountains our love
flows.


I can feel the warmth of your breath,
the beat of your heart on this life long test.


Lights the darkness and there I see,
how much you mean to me.

Shadows disappear, all that is necessary
is right here.

Pick at the lock in such a warm way,
opening my heart a little more each
day.






I never considered myself a materialistic person and I always felt that no one could see life quite the same way that I did. I found myself kind of waffling somewhere in the middle, I didn’t lean to one side of life or another. Somehow I was one of those people who hadn’t forgot what it was like to see through the eyes of a child. To this very day I have to catch myself as I love to capture a minnow with my hands just to see it up close and release it as I watch it swim free.

The rains heavily falling placed me in a calm, almost harmonious with the darkness of the storm. My mind drifted as it has many of times to experiences of both past and present. I thought of the people I have met and the hellish stories that they took the time to share with me. I saw a similarity between people, those who saw the beauty in life and those who were overwhelmed by the hell that existed in their own minds. Health followed by finances were the number one fears that people were challenged by.

I looked around at my surroundings, meager at best and yet I knew replacing it with a palace would do little to chase the demons that lived within. What is the challenge and why do I feel such a struggle? Does everyone feel or need the same attentiveness, or was my cravings for comfort and romance bordering a
obsession? My days reflected like that of a light switch off and on. In the spotlight one day and chained to the hollow the next. Where was the happy medium? I was grateful for all that I was graced with as I thanked the Lord for the rain falling down and the memories it encouraged, each drop a kiss that warms my heart. The colorful leaves spread heavily upon the grass, reminding me that we have made another season. The tears swelling up from within were not of sadness, but emotion filled with the review of our achievements.

My mind scattered like a puzzle tossed in the air and landing sporadically through the days, weeks and months that we traveled. This stroll by heart, mind and soul, found me exploring many places. For once in my life someone stood beside me, again a tear fell,I wiped it gently as it rolled down my cheek. It was ok to laugh, to smile to simultaneously be all ages. As if we had spanned beyond the earthly dimensions, where age and time had no reference upon our days.

I thought about the untimely ending of lives and that is when the most beautiful of thoughts consumed my evening dreams. I had loved and had loved returned to me, I had shared in a moment where even the miles could not hold back your arms. I had experienced what ignites hearts and sets free the spirit. No longer having to block out the negativity which occasionally surfaces. For nothingcan and shall replace the serge of one soul to another.


If thou shall find the moment that thou need turn away,
little would it matter your in my heart to stay.


I was once referred to as being a prolific writer. Finding the perfect combination of words to represent a experience of emotion is as endless as time. Whether out of gratitude, acknowledgement of a specific moment in time or a recognition of ones accomplishments. Finding the magical set of words to honor is as fulfilling as any life long tribute would or could be.

When You Dared

When you dared that first day to listen
and better yet to challenge, I felt love.

When you met with distance
and rivaled its existence to
hold my hand, I felt love.

When you vowed to be here
to the ends of time, I felt love.

When you held me for first time
on the cloud of happiness,
I felt love.


When you ...........

It is one of those days, raining , snowing and sun is glowing.

Singing>A little Bit


A little bit of rain,
a little bit of snow,
a little bit of sunshine
is how the story goes.


A little bit laughter,
a little bit of heartache,
a little bit mixed up,
is how we sing this song.


A little bit of love,
a little bit of joy,
a little bit of memories,
to my heart toys.


A little bit of magic
a little bit of prayer
a little bit of dreaming,
brought you here.

~~~

Here is what I know,

you understand,

you care and

you love me!

Love you back!

Singing>

Everyday I walk with you, holding hands like lovers do.
The start to our day, making everything okay.

Everyday I walk with you, holding hands like lovers do.
A gift from the heart where even distance cannot part.

Everyday I walk with you, holding hands like lovers do.
I might be daydreaming it's true, but I know that I am with you.

Everyday I walk with you, holding hands like lovers do.
A visual that glues with my love me to you .

Everyday I .......





Everyone has heard the expression, One step forward and two steps back.

My Life

One step forward and two steps back, in a game of chutes and ladders and I
felt that smack. Wake upon the river to find, you were there and not only in
my mind. Keep your head above the water high, like a turtle you were by
side. One step forward and two steps back, this is a little different as we're
both on track.




Counting Dreams


If we were counting dreams, it be how many times my arms you laid.
If we counting places that only lovers go, there would be millions for
every star in the sky that glows, for where you are my baby that’s where
my heart goes.


If you want to count my travels atop the mountains high, I am there each
day to meet you if only in my mind.
If you want to know how many times I think of you my dear, just count
the seconds in the day and multiply by the times we shared.

If we were counting., there would be only one, living, loving everday with you!

~~~

An emptiness inside, I felt like dying.
Lonely I cried, no longer lying,
I was longing to have you by my side.

~~

When I was a small child, I was in the hospital and my mother brushed the strands of hair from my forhead and whispered everyone is going to be alright. How many times through my adult life, I wanted to feel comfort and the words everything is going to be alright.


~~
Scary is the thought of existence, without you.

No comments: