Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Thursday, December 04, 2014

Rose

The crescent moon,
appeared at night,
bright as it could be,
illuminating the sky 
as it peered through
the trees.
 
Close and yet distant,
the moon hung in the sky, 
titillating to the heart
as it stroked the mind.
 
The calm was amazing,
the visuals a delight,
two lovers upon the heavens,
danced all through the night.
 
I smiled at the image,
that the night sky shared,
to bring from a distance
the love the blue sky mirrors.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
I see the revelations
that are revealed through the moment.
 
~
 
 
 
My Gift
 
She gave to me a drawing,
of a rose quickly sketched.
But the gift was in the thought,
as tonight our conversation to
my heart was etched.
 
Sometimes life is complicated
and other times as simple as can be,
like the opening petals of a rose
it reveals the bloom we see.
 
I see the child who I held both day and night,
the shy little girl who filled me with delight.
There were days of sadness where I wiped away
her tears and the memorable ones of laughter
that we so warmly shared.
 
 ~
Another month down
one more passing day,
spring is the next season,
I can feel it in my veins.
 
We are battling the moment,
challenging each day
as we stand against winter
to allow spring to pave the way.
 
~
 
Winter is being kind,
it's warm out today,
but I know she has
more in store as months
of cold will find a way.
 
Long in one way,
short in another,
 as time is passing
like sunshine and butter.
~
 
Blah, blah, blah to the blue bird
who winged a goodbye,
Blah, blah, blah to the sunshine
that hides in the clouds passing by.
 
Blah, blah, blah to the mountains
that stand silent still.
Blah, blah, blah to the winds
that send an awful chill.
 
Blah, blah, blah speaks my heart
when you are not here with me.
Blah , blah, blah the whispers
of my soul through the dreams.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: