Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, March 07, 2015

Love is Caring


 I found this poem that I had written some time ago and it reminds us that we truly are only earths caretakers. Responsible only for the limited time we have here on earth. Under the wire for a customer order, I felt the stress heavily upon my shoulders. I knew that to relax I needed to place my fingers upon the keyboard and I could separate myself from the heavy of life. 
There were times that the hollow, especially in the winter months were like a prison of sort. It was the gift of writing that revealed the freedom that I lacked. It wasn't till today that I completely understood how important writing had become. 

Caretaker 

We do not own the butterfly, flowers or the trees nor the sun that crest the mountain or the land that meets the sea. We are here to embrace, care take if you will for those who will follow we leave what we've not killed.

I glanced out the window as the woodpecker said" hello "and at the budded leaves and shrubs waiting to  flower in their spring time show. The season is nearing, the celebration of life, where the nourishment of sun and rain will allow for us a meaningful amount of growth.

We stand on borrowed time for there is no guarantee of how many tomorrows we will stand to dream. Man is filled with anger, hatred and greed and with all his earthly power, all he will take with him in passing is his faded memories.

Earths soil through your fingers, sunshine through your hair; this is the gift of life that we have to share. The visions of a galaxy, beyond where we have yet to go and as I gaze once more upon the heavens I realize how little we really know.



~

My hands upon the keyboard, 
the season has no control, 
for I can soar a mountain 
and stand at heavens door. 

This is certainly freedom, 
where I can feel you near
share in a moment with 
the one who dared to care.


                                                 Life's little gifts affect us in a big way.


                                                      The sky is always blue,
                                                       the sun always shines
                                                       and a cloud passes,
                                                       it takes my love to you.



  Love is like sunshine it always finds away to brighten your day. 






   I thought I didn't like winter. 
When in all reality I just don't like being without you. 


No comments: