Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Moment in a Day

Interpretation... West Side Story was popular when I was in middle school. Of course interpretation varies from our youth to how we view something as an adult, as well from person to person. All that really stood out in the movie is two young lovers and their quest to find where  they belong in the world. The song that she would sing " there is a place for us, somewhere a place for us. Hold my hand and I'll take you there, hold my hand and we're almost there. Somewhere, somehow , we'll find a new way of living." If life is a puzzle and each of us is a piece in the grand puzzle, I question where in it I fit in. Though as I have aged I have come to appreciate who I am.
Though I have tried to keep customers as customers , there are a few who have crossed the line into friendship. With deep concern a hug or two and the warmth of conversation that brings us closer in a world that once seemed to be so big.
As people questioned different issues in my life. I found myself responding with the same few words
"it is what it is ."  The journey and the people we meet becomes part of the story like a petal blowing in the wind. That is until the petal slowly falls to the ground and lays in stillness as if to document another season.

Some have touched my heart
and brought joy to the day and
a few have created memories
that never ever fades away.

Tears have fallen on the day
 like a storm in the month of May.
Until I reached to the heavens high
and pulled you and your love to
my side.

Some have touched my heart
and brought joy to the day and
a few have created memories
that never ever fade away.

Some are in passing
only a moment to spare
unlike your sweet love
that we forever share.



No comments: