Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, July 15, 2019

Dreams

Dreams are the subconscious working overtime.



~

Lord I'm grateful for each day, 
as I reached for his hand and his heart led the way.



It was a clear summer day, hot and humid with a stillness like that of a painting on a canvas. While my children and I were having a cookout we heard this crack . With very little notice you look quickly around to see which tree is coming down. I hollered to get out of the gazebo as the trees that surround us are tall and many years old. Maybe eight feet from where we were dining the old oak tree covered in a mass of summer green leaves lay before us. Aprox ten feet of the oak trees trunk was rotted out and a home was made by what look like a billion citronella ants. 
There are many emotions that arise from this experience as the adrenaline rushes . Fear of the unknown and then gratitude that everyone was well. It was a stark reminder of our human vulnerability to nature even on a smaller scale. Timing is everything just as we could have been tossing a frisbee on the lawn where the tree fell or I could have been in the stream cooling in the mountain water, timing is indeed everything. 
This craziness makes me think of you and this safe place where our love flourishes. The friendship that continues to bloom like a prized rose. Each petal that opens reveals the beauty of life. I feel that way about you each day the petals of life reveal the beauty of love. Tears welling up as the drama of the day comes to an end. I close my eyes breathing in your energy, sensing the magic of your love and finding that peaceful place that I move into each night. Silly me after all this drama puts song on " More" and slides into your arms for one last dance in the night. Feeling your heart beat close to mine imagine your breath against my cheek as our lips meet with a kiss. Close in an embrace , we slow dance. Tears fade, smile surfaces and a silhouette of you and I takes place in the shadow of the candle as it flickers on the wall. Once more closing my eyes as I whisper " I'll see you in my dreams"

Your arms around me 
holding so very tight, 
peace and love surround
both of us tonight.

I treasure this sweet love
a gift from heaven above,
revealing what we share
and  how much you  care.

~

I had a dream
as I awoke to find,
the magic of love
with you by myside.

I captured the moment
held the memory close
as your vision of paradise
had me totally engrossed.

I will try to explain
what you mean to me
to find the right words
in the script of eternity.

My heart had spoken
and my soul took a leap
as I trusted the moment
that brought you to me.

Can't open my eyes
in case you might disappear
so I keep on dreaming
with this love we share.

No comments: