Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Saturday, July 06, 2019

Missing You

No words had fallen from my lips
but from my heart they quickly fell,
like whispers in the dark of night
a story of love would they tell.

Bold sunshine when it's raining
and blue skies behind the gray,
there is something quite special
when our souls collided one day.

It wasn't the warm breeze
that cradled me in the wind,
nor the mountain stream
flowing around the bend.

My mind a drift and my soul alert
as it quickly turned to you and
there upon the stars of night
 is one sky above us two.

~

My wants toyed with my needs
and left upon my heart a clue,
that I was feeling the absence
and simply missing you.

I reached deep into my memories
and a smile from nowhere appeared
from that moment we first shared
and I fell in love with you.


No comments: