Pictorial Prose

Pictorial Prose
Indulging my most lucid daydreams

Monday, July 22, 2019

Live and Love

Anxious to see my son in the military.. I have started packing even though I don't leave for another week. Temperatures lowered and humidity still high, doesn't feel like much of a reprieve. Maybe it's the overcast that has me reviewing life. What gets us to this moment in time? On the road well traveled there are many signs, stop , yield, caution , go, detours and the unknown that is beyond the hills. I like the road of live and love , signs says go!

The clouds of the heavens parted and
beyond the gray the brightest blue
revealing the sun still shines 
leading my soul to you.

The rain had all but fallen
and the flowers of the garden
once parched seemed dead
now refreshed lift their heads.

I held to the memory 
far and long ago
the little butterfly
still had not let go.

It was your energy 
that caught me by surprise
lifted my heart and soul
renewed me from inside.

It was once a day of sorrow
with chapters to the wind
as a page turned and 
a new day began.

Might it be the simplicity 
that unites two as one,
or the spiritual connection
that prevails with love.

The days are quickly passing
and I document each and every one,
as you have brought the greatest joy
through your channel of  love.

I closed my eyes to envision 
your body laying next to mine 
with my head upon your shoulder
we crossed the barriers of place and time.

The heart flutters 
and a smile can be found 
as I find myself upon the page
in your arms like soft down.

I embrace each moment
as the true gift it is,
for the Lord sent me you
to start each day anew.






No comments: